Welcome to the Sangamon County Circuit Clerk's Records Search
Registration is NOT required to access the Circuit Clerk's Records.
By court order, certain records are confidential and are therefore unavailable. They include adoption, juvenile, mental health, impounded, sealed, and expunged cases. Occasionally, other cases may be unavailable because of court proceedings.
Most of the listings on the web site allow you to create a "pdf" (photographed copy) of the information that you can print or save to your computer.
Use the tabs at the top of this page for your records search. And follow the steps shown below. If you encounter difficulties while searching, try our search tips.
- Select Court Records Search
- Choose the type of record search you would like to perform:
- Search By Name
- Search by Case Number
- Search by Driver's License Number
- Search by Traffic Ticket Number (Duplicate ticket numbers occur within the Circuit Clerk's database.)
- Search by Filing Date (You cannot request more than 31 days.)
- Disclaimer: After choosing the search, you MUST click "YES" on the Disclaimer before proceeding.
- Search parameters: After clicking yes on the disclaimer, you need to enter the search parameters.
- Case Numbers: A list of case information should display on the page. The case number is highlighted in blue. Click on the blue case number to go to the case history (docket sheet) for that case.
To obtain a Court Schedule:
- Select a court date from the calendar. You may page forward and backward through years and months by clicking on the arrows at the top of the calendar.
- You may limit the Court Schedule by ONE selection
- Case type (example: Small Claims)
- Court Room
- Police Agency
Agency and Attorney Login
The login is for police agencies, state agencies and attorneys only.